Trinity College Long Walk
Hartford, CT
 

The historic Long Walk buildings are the very heart of the Trinity College campus, and their restoration and renovation required the full range of our firm’s preservation skills. This complex of historic buildings, designed by William Burges and completed in 1897, underwent complete exterior restoration, including:

  • stone masonry 

  • steel windows 

  • leaded glass

  • slate roofing and copper flashings 

  • copper gutter systems 

  • and stone and terracotta ornamentation. 


The plans of the buildings were modified to recreate the original entry and suite layouts, and the interiors were renovated to provide code-complying exitways and fire stairs, new bathroom facilities, restored finishes, and new furnishings.


Our firm also coordinated the mechanical improvements to the buildings, including new heating and cooling systems, upgraded electrical service, extended fire alarm and sprinkler protection, and a new hard-wired telecommunications systems within the extended campus-wide computer networking system.

Awards

  • AIA Connecticut Design Award 2009​

 

Statistics

  • Cost: $35 million

Quisenberry Arcari Malik, LLC  | 195 Scott Swamp Rd, Farmington, CT | 860.677.4594 | Copyright ©2019QA+M Architecture