M.D. Fox School
The M.D. Fox School was constructed in 1925 as the original Bulkeley High School. The scope of work included the complete “as new” renovation of the
entire building, including all new mechanical and life safety systems. The interior renovation work includes refurbishing all the circulation, classroom and specialty areas, including science labs and specialty classrooms. New spaces were created within the existing structure such as entry lobbies, cafeteria and kitchen and significant architectural features on the exterior and interiors were restored.
Additionally, the site was redesigned to improve access to the school and to create the new, safe, pedestrian-friendly and environmentally-responsible site.
Cost: $39.2 million