Comstock Community Center
Originally constructed in 1955 as the Strong Comstock School, Comstock Community Center has experienced a continued upswing in use and is now home to the Town of Wilton’s Senior Center, Parks and Recreation Department, Social Services, and primary Emergency Center.
QA+M Architecture designed significant upgrades and renovations to bring the building up to current codes, including accessible entrances and expanded corridors to better accommodate wheelchairs.
Significant demolition was required to make repairs and improvements, and to update the building with materials and systems that would reduce operating and maintenance costs and conserve energy. This included:
new energy-efficient HVAC systems
code compliant fire alarm & sprinkler system
modern electrical, data & communications systems
energy-efficient exterior envelope
The visual enhancement of the Comstock Community Center can be seen in its dramatic new front entrance canopy and bright, colorful interiors.
Cost: $9.4 million